One of the oldest supply firms in the United States and founded in a depression, Welch, Holme & Clark has lasted and grown in good times and bad. It survived the effects of panic and the Civil War; it braved two World Wars, and four depressions by its 110th birthday. Since then, another two major “conflicts” have been added to the list as well as several “economic crises” to use modern day terminology.
Established in 1838 by Oliver Loveland as a supplier to the building trade, it later became one of the major suppliers to the soap industry. The firm’s name was changed to Welch, Holme & Clark in 1870 and incorporated as such in 1892. By the early 1900’s it was already supplying industry with many of the products listed on the following pages.
Today, we serve more industries that we can name, with products made better by modern technology and, of course, the ever more stringent controls of government.
Throughout its long history the policies of fair dealing, quality products and prompt service has maintained W. H. & C’s fine reputation. It’s still our first concern, and from that stems the dependability you can count on.
WHC s facilities are located in Newark, NJ. This strategic location facilitates rapid and efficient service to our US and world-wide customers.
A full-time in house quality control laboratory tests and analyzes incoming and outgoing products using methods prescribed by U.S.P., F.C.C., A.O.C.S., A.S.T.M., and via gas chromatography to verify that they meet the required specifications and industry standards. This diligent control and ongoing verification guarantees Product Dependability ensuring that our customers get exactly what they have specified.
Utilizing computerized inventory control, order processing and invoicing, we are able to quickly and accurately process client orders. Deliveries are made by common carrier, or
- Diversified Line of Oils and Fats – We can supply a large variety of oils and fats on a consistent basis
- Knowledge and Experience – We understand our customer needs, and we offer them suggestions for the appropriate products, alternatives, etc. We currently serve customers in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, personal care, food, ink, paint, coatings, adhesive, lubricant & soap industries
- Available upon Request: Kosher Approval, Stabilized Oils, Gas Chromatograph Analysis, Samples
- Bulk Vegetable Oil Wholesale at very Competitive Prices
- Small Orders – We accept smaller orders, from food and restaurant supply establishments, pharmaceutical labs, and many other businesses.
- Export Service Available
- On-Time Deliveries